Jan

Source link [Alternative]

Full list. 217 DVD threshold, 266 BD.

2017 01/02 – 01/08 Anime DVD List

Anime Rank All Rank Last Rank Week Sales Total Sales #Wks Title
1 3 4,384 18,163 2 ONE PIECE Film Gold RE
2 4 2 3,855 19,280 2 Yuuri!!! on Ice v1
3 7 2,195 16,528 2 ONE PIECE Film Gold LE
5 20 1,070 85,563 130 Tonari no Totoro (2014 re-release)
9 46 668 668 1 Dragonball Super v5
11 56 62 585 6,677 7 Soreike! Anpanman Omocha no Hoshi no Nanda to Runda
12 59 9 571 3,725 2 B-Project v5
13 74 58 479 6,962 4 Pokemon The Movie XY&Z: Volcanion to Karakuri no Magearna
14 85 105 418 14,200 10 Crayon Shin-chan: Bakusui! Yumemi World Dai Totsugeki
15 95 124 379 27,519 96 Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (2014 re-release)
16 98 96 371 16,673 11 Meitantei Conan: Junkoku no Nightmare RE
17 340 3,142 3 Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! LOVE! v4
18 330 3,719 3 Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen
19 35 313 4,852 3 Bungou Stray Dogs Season 2 v1 (v7)
22 300 10,575 4 Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru v1
23 300 13,751 5 Kidou Senshi Gundam The Origin v4
24 287 38,583 128 Majo no Takkyuubin (2014 re-release)
25 266 26,522 118 Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa (2014 re-release)
27 227 64,945 27 Youkai Watch Movie 2: Enma Daiou to Itsutsu no Monogatari da Nyan!
29 219 14,473 22 Doraemon: Shin Nobita no Nippon Tanjou

Other releases (concerts etc)

2017 01/02 – 01/08 Anime BD List

18 59 13 447 3,174 2 B-Project v5
66 412 412 1 Dream Festival! v2
82 41 325 7,000 3 Hibike! Euphonium 2 v1
90 311 311 1 Regalia: The Three Sacred Stars v3
92 111 294 33,642 7 Love Live! Sunshine!! v3
100 46 266 8,328 3 Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu v7

Other releases (concerts etc)
75 64 349 81,339 15 Love Live! μ's Final LoveLive! μ'sic Forever♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

Fall update:

DreamFes v2 sells 412 BDs, DVDs do not rank.

Regalia v3 adds 311 BDs, DVDs do not rank.

Tourabu v1 adds 300 DVDs, total 22,003.

Drifters adds 958, total 10,818 as a one-shot BD box, so Series average: 10,818 as well.

Stray Dogs s2 v1 adds 313 DVDs, total 8,339.

Eupho s2 v1 adds 325 BDs, total 7,596.

Summer update:
LL Sunshine v3 adds 294, total 33,642 in wk7, meaning it added 913 in wks 5-6.
v4 adds 1177, total 31,028.

B-Project v5 adds 447/571, total 6,899.

Boueibu s2 v4 adds 340 DVDs, total 4,701.

Past seasons:
Re:Zero v7 adds 266 BDs, total 9,331.

OVAs, Movies, Boxsets etc:
Kizumonogatari adds 1597/330, total 40,866.

Upcoming Releases for 2017 01/09 – 01/15
2017/01/11 Koutetsu Jeeg v5
2017/01/11 Magne Robo Gakeen v1
2017/01/11 Magne Robo Gakeen v2
2017/01/11 Magne Robo Gakeen v3
2017/01/11 Magne Robo Gakeen v4
2017/01/11 Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi v1
2017/01/11 Naruto Shippuuden: Ninshuu no Kigen Futatsu no Tamashii Indra Ashura v1
2017/01/11 Occultic;Nine v2
2017/01/11 ONE PIECE 18th Season Zou-hen v1
2017/01/11 Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru v2
2017/01/11 Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love Legend Star v1

66 Responses to “2017 01/02 – 01/08 Weekly Sales List”

1. anon says:

>Oricon not including Amazon exclusive box
    How does it work?

• something
      something says:

About Flip Flappers? They do count them. What I mean is that our “estimates” are based no Amazon Ranking Stalker, which takes the hour by hour rankings at Amazon Japan and comes up with a first week sales estimate based on them. If a title sells an unusually high percentage of its units at Amazon versus other retailers, Stalker’s estimates will be too high. That’s what happened here – it sold barely half of what Stalker anticipated based on the Amazon ranking. Presumably a high percentage of sales went to Amazon because of the artbox you could get by buying all volumes at Amazon.

2. Yaoi-Senpai says:

I’m dead, I’m F*UCKING DEAD! YAAAAY! <3

• Yaoi-Senpai says:

Oh wait, for drifters, all the episodes are in one volume?

• hikari says:

Yes…it’s practically one-shot bd box release (like what something said above), mine is already arrived along with Flip Flap v1. This season practically a busy season for me since I also imported YOI, Haikyuu, Tourabu, Natsume, OP Film: Gold, etc…didn’t think I even had the time to open all of those boxes and packages yet.

Still waiting for those Kimi no Na wa and Koe no Katachi bd.

3. Gintoki_KotAro says:

i think Natsume got out of the list /:

4. Mami Kawada Lover says:

>Flip Flappers v1 sells 883 BDs, DVDs do not rank. 41.4% overestimated
    My condolences.

By the way, how did Qualidea Code’s latest volume do? It’s not in your volume sales list.

• something
      something says:

If it’s not in the sales list, I don’t know any more about how it sold than you do. It came out 12/21 and we already have the full list for that week, so it didn’t make the thresholds.

5. Yaoi-Senpai says:

Do anyone knows how much AOT ost sold?

• Yaoi-Senpai says:

And do you think YOI vol.2 will have a high sale like Vol.1?

• AnimePhoenix says:

I don’t think it’ll be as high as YOI volume 1, but it will sell quite a bit as well. Volume 3 is when we might see a drop.

• something
        something says:

If we look at some recent v2 event tickets in huge series that had tickets in both v1 and v2 we see the following:

LL Sunshine = 27.5% down
        Osomatsu-san = 26.0% down
        Utapri s3 = 16.6% down

Small dataset but we should probably expect at least a 20% drop even though v2 has an event ticket. If v1 gets to 70k, v2 might peak around 55k.

• Yaoi-Senpai says:

Hm, I’m bit worried about YOI vol3+ sales.
          Nope it won’t be down like Utapri. So only Vol.1 and 2 has Event ticket route right? I’m not really sure why the Wikipedia says that all the volumes has an event ticket.

So YOI ost will be the most sold late night anime ost?

• AnimePhoenix says:

I just checked Stalker.
            YOI v1 on Stalker was 29,422 copies, all editions included.
            YOI v2 is currently at 28,768 copies.
            YOI v3 is currently at 24,120 copies.

More comparisons:
            v1 excluding amazon editions: 11,638 copies.
            v3 excluding amazon editions: 7018 copies.

Bear in mind that v3 will increase somewhat as release date comes closer. The reason I attached the Amazon edition is to show that even without that mega Amazon version, v3 is not doing badly. There will be a drop but I don’t think it’ll be like Osomatsu-san’s drop or say Love Live or UtaPri. There’s no big seiyuu boost in this anime either.

• Ayumi says:

They look very stable. The final average is going to be interesting.

I was expecting average to be about 35k. But now that Vol. 1 has exploded in sales, it’s not impossible for YOI’s average to be on the Top 15 overall. Top 10 will be difficult to crack, but there’s a chance.

• Yaoi-Senpai says:

I hope so, I’m praying. Too much drop wil give me a cancer.

• Ayumi says:

I think this is way past our expectations already so I’m not going to stress about the drop.

Either way, these sales will definitely give us a second season, a movie. etc.

• Yaoi-Senpai says:

Yup, that’s true. After all, YOI story is not completed. We need to know more about Victor and why he love Skating, and Yuri need to win at the first position , quit skating and marry Victor.

• Ayumi says:

It would be very nice if they really do show Yuri and Victor getting married. That would really be making history. I just hope that YOI’s success will bring us more LGBT shows, considering most LGBT shows flop in anime. (I’m still sad we never got more Wandering Son and Aoi Hana in anime form because those flopped so bad. Those two are classics.)

• lemondoodle says:

I actually expect a pretty good hold considering how popular some of the later episodes are. No way will fans skip buying Volume 4 and 5 for episode 7 and 10 for example.

• Yaoi-Senpai says:

Oh wait, you are right about it. The kiss scene and the marriage scene, now I’m dying to know how much it will sell. Thanks for reminding me.

• something
              something says:

If there’s a drop, it wouldn’t be so much because people lose interest, it would be more that a significant number of people will buy only volume 1 and maybe 2 because they want to go to the live event. Those people never intended to buy any volumes without the event ticket applications.

But yes, it’s possible it could have a good hold from volume 3 onward. There’s no event ticket in v3 so if you’re buying that it’s largely because you just want to own the episodes.

Consistency from one volume to the next (ignoring event ticket volumes) varied wildly from show to show. Some shows have strong consistency from volume to volume, like Bakemonogatari. Some drop quite a lot over the course of their run, like Osomatsu-san. It’s really hard to predict ahead of time which a show will be.

• something
      something says:

64,924. YOI OST is at 62,192 now so it should pass Shingeki next week.

6. Rio says:

How does YoI sales duffer with the biggest releases before like Osamatsu-san, Attack on Titan or Love Live? Just interested since I think 62k is still behind LL or Osamatsu-san V1 sales, right?

• Progeusz says:

Yes, far behind them. YoI has no chance of reaching absolute top sellers but it’s still doing amazingly well and is on track to be the best selling sports anime.

• Ayumi says:

I don’t think anything can go near Osamatsu-san in a long time. It sold 114k copies.

But, to put it into perspective, YOI needs 2700 copies to beat UTA PRINCE LOVE 2000’s Vol.1 (which was their biggest selling volume). It will most definitely beat it next week. It is also near the same level

If we are counting sales by volume, these are the shows that will likely be on top of YOI:

EVANGELION
        Osamatsu-san
        LOVE LIVE
        GUNDAM SEED DESTINY
        The Monogatari series
        Madoka
        Attack on Titan

YOI is likely to beat these discs next week:

UTA PRINCE
        NANA vol.1
        Full Metal Alchemist Vol.1
        Macross Frontier Vol.1

• something
      something says:

It’s not even close to those latter two. They did 116,896 and 114,548 respectively. It has a decent shot at crossing 70k at this point, and at minimum 65k is a lock even if its tail suddenly gets chopped off, which I doubt.

If it makes it to 70k, it’ll only be behind one or more volumes each of Bakemonogatari, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Love Live, Madoka, Osomatsu-san, and Shingeki as 2000-Present shows go.

7. AnimePhoenix says:

>Flip Flappers v1 sells 883 BDs, DVDs do not rank. 41.4% overestimated, presumably due to the Amazon exclusive box. It sold a literal fucking fractale. This market disgusts me.

I’m really sorry. If YOI had flopped like this after I fell in love with it so much, I can just imagine how dreadful I’d feel. I hope it doesn’t drop too much v2+.

>Yuuri on Ice v1 adds 7940/3855, total 62,673. An absolute monster second week, almost as big as Osomatsu-san v1’s.

Thank you anime gods. Thank you, thank you. I do not deserve this blessing.

8. Ayumi says:

So sad to hear about Flip Flappers. I watched the first two episodes a few days ago and I really like it. The studio put a lot of effort into the show. You can tell by the animation and how the episodes were executed.

BTW, @someanithing, are you watching Little Witch Academia? I feel like that’s something you’d really like. The first episode was everything. <3

And YOI selling another 12k. 0_0 That's so amazing!!! I feel like the show will definitely average over 40k in the end.

• something
      something says:

I didn’t have time to watch ep 1 on Sunday so I’ll probably end up getting to it this coming weekend, but yeah I’ll be watching LWA. Right now of the Winter shows I’ve tried (Urara, Rakugo, Schoolgirl Strikers, Minakama) my favorite is easily Urara Meirochou, which was amazing. I have Gabriel Dropout, LWA and Nyanko Days (2 min short) left to try. Gonna try to avoid the allure of Megumin so I can skip Konosuba s2, because it’s really not something I like enough to watch unless I’m desperate and this season looks like it might end up with a half decent lineup after all. Particularly since I read very positive Gabriel Dropout reactions yesterday. It’ll be hard for anything to be more MADE FOR ME than Urara but I wouldn’t mind some other shows challenging it.

• AholePony says:

Urara was pretty cute, as was Nyanko though 2min eps are a bummer, I prefer closer to 4-5 for shorts as a minimum usually. LWA met or exceeded my expectations so that’s a bonus this season.

Also sad about FliFla. It for sure deserves better. I would understand if it were selling at Flying Witch levels but down this low is a real bummer for all the work the animators put in.

• BlackPoint says:

How about Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon, after watchin the 1st episode its quite good one and konosuba is just as expect simply hilarious it will once again claim the best comedy anime for this season

• something
          something says:

Konosuba is reasonably funny when it wants to be but its comedy is a kind I only want in limited doses. And I disliked episode 9 of season one so much that I’m really hesitant about revisiting the show. Megumin is great and all but not really enough to carry it when I’ve got enough other stuff to watch instead.

9. derpinat0r says:

Flip Flop Flip Flop,

10. Yolokun says:

No update for HxH v4 ?

11. Fiver says:

Regarding YOI volume 2 sales, I find it kinda strange that the art for the DVD/Blu ray covers are not out yet. These products will be released and mailed out in about 15 days. Does it usually take this long for the finalized version with cover art to come out? I’m worried that there might be production issues

12. Sol Falling says:

About those Flip Flappers figures, I imagine they do not count the Infinite box(es)? http://www.infinitedayo.jp/shop/ff001.html

The full sets don’t ship out until June with volume 6 and I imagine will represent a fairly significant portion of the final sum, considering they got an entire separate tab on the official website’s BD page separate from all of the other retailers: http://www.flipflappers.com/bluray/

• something
      something says:

It looks like Infinite is not on Oricon’s list of tracked retailers, so you’re correct that none of the units they ship will be counted in the reports, either now or at the end.

But honestly, I would be shocked if it’s a significant amount. Even if it were 100 units (and I bet it’s less), fully 11% of all sales, it’s no meaningful difference. Plus most anime has stores not tracked by Oricon that don’t get counted, so on a relative basis this probably makes no difference.

And I feel like Amazon’s artbox is still a better extra than the framed picture Infinte is offering. Infinite also charge an extra ¥4,200 if you want to get each disc as it releases rather than waiting until the end, versus free S&H if you buy within Japan from Amazon.

I’d love to be able to tell myself that Flip Flappers actually sold well and we’re just missing an unusually large amount of data, or Oricon messed up, or whatever, but, well… it’s more like scrounging around in the couch cushions for loose change to pay for a life-saving medical treatment. Ain’t gonna happen, it’s dead no matter how we slice it. ;_;

13. something
    something says:

Full ranking is out:

I’ll update this post tonight.

Note: The txt file for this week says “(集計期間:12/19~12/25)” but it should be “(集計期間:01/02~01/08)”

14. something
    something says:

Updated with the full list.