The following rankings have been updated to reflect the full data released this week.
» Weekly sales for 10/27 – 11/02
» Weekly sales for 11/03 – 11/09
» 2000-Present, TV Anime Sales over 10k
» TV Anime BD Boxsets over ¥100m
» Box Office Gross, TV Anime Adaptations
» Series Data – Quick View
Nothing added in the monthly rankings.
Another two week catch-up. Welp.
One last update to Winter 2014 Vol 1s, for Go! Go! 575. It was finally released as part of the recent soundtrack album and sold 608, ranking once.
I decided to maybe jump the gun ever so slightly (but it should be a lock at this point) and add Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? to the 10k+ list. This is the 120th overall, 3rd White Fox, 4th 2014, and 1st NBC Universal entry onto the list. Maybe I should combine Geneon and NBC now but whatever. 10k forecast now looking like the following:
2014’s 10k Lineup
1. Hoozuki no Reitetsu (14,133 at completion)
2. Love Live! 2nd Season (62,064 at 5/7)
3. Haikyuu! (27,062 at 4/9)
4. Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? (10,631 at 5/6)
5. Free! -Eternal Summer- (20,602 at 2/6)
6. Sword Art Online II (21,212 at 1/9)
7. Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works (not yet released, 25-50k presumed)
8. Gundam G no Reconquista (not yet released, 8-??k presumed)
9. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (12,697 at 2/6)
10. Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken Stardust Crusaders (12,187 at 4/12)
11. Mahouka Koukou no Reittousei (11,887 at 4/10)
12. Persona 4 The Golden (11,872 at 2 of 7)
While Gochiusa gives 2014 a previously unexpected pick-up, #s 9-12 are long shots. I’ve listed the “Candidates” in order of likelihood. And I really do not know what to expect of G Reco. It averaging less than 10k seems very unlikely, but it’s not impossible, if there’s a very large Amazon bias at work. Besides Reco and UBW, nothing from Fall is showing the slightest signs of being able to pull off a 10k average, so I don’t forsee any new candidates being added.
We could in theory see only 7 10ks this year, but with a lot on right the fence so the exact number is not that important.